I am so excited to be a part of this tour for ALL PLAYED OUT – In so many ways I could relate to Nell. I was never really active on campus through high school and college. High school was just a mess for me, but in college – I went to classes, I did my work and I came home. I kept to myself for the most part, and still do as I finish up my degree. So when the chance came up to make my own bucket list? I jumped for it!
Today I’m featuring “5 Crazy Things to do By 30”.
I turned 30 in October and honestly, haven’t done anything too crazy so this was fun and challenging to think of!
1. Go on an epic road trip with friends – I did this just a couple months ago with my girlfriend a couple of her friends. They picked me up in Nashville at the airport and we drove all night long through Tennessee and all of Alabama until we got to Florida and the beach. So many memories were made and it was a blast.
2. Splurge on an expensive, nice meal for yourself, just because! I haven’t done this, but I think it’s something nice to do for yourself. Go somewhere you usually couldn’t go, save up the money and indulge. We all work hard, so why not? Treat yourself!
3. Follow your favorite band/singer on tour – In my late teenage years, I did this for a couple years with one of my then favorite singers. In fact, my brother, best friend and youth leader all drove several hours to see him play at a large festival one summer. I got to know him and the band pretty well, but after a couple years – things changed and I haven’t been to a show of his in several years. It was fun while it happened, a blast to see the surprise on their faces when we showed up!
4. Drive/fly to another state or city to see your favorite author – I have done this! It was so much fun and something I want to do again. It brought me so much joy to see the surprise on her face when I showed up for the launch and to spend time celebrating. I’d love to go to an out of state event or conference one day, but with money tight – I have to stick to local (or semi-local) events. Still, mini road trips, favorite authors, bookstores… what more could you want?!
5. Explore another country – I haven’t done this, but have always wanted to go to England, Ireland and Scotland and just explore and take in all the beauty. Now with my brother moving to London this fall, it seems more and more likely that in the next three years, I’ll be able to do just that! It’ll be a dream come true and definitely out of my comfort zone as I’ll leave the country for the first time, fly overseas and find myself in an entirely new country to explore!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end of this post for a signed set of the Rusk University series!!
About ALL PLAYED OUT:
First person in her family to go to college? CHECK.
Straight A’s? CHECK.
On track to graduate early? CHECK.
Social life? …..yeah, about that….
With just a few weeks until she graduates, Antonella DeLuca’s beginning to worry that maybe she hasn’t had the full college experience. (Okay… Scratch that. She knows she hasn’t had the full college experience).
So Nell does what a smart, dedicated girl like herself does best. She makes a “to do” list of normal college activities.
Item #1? Hook up with a jock.
Rusk University wide receiver Mateo Torres practically wrote the playbook for normal college living. When he’s not on the field, he excels at partying, girls, and more partying. As long as he keeps things light and easy, it’s impossible to get hurt… again. But something about the quiet, shy, sexy-as-hell Nell gets under his skin, and when he learns about her list, he makes it his mission to help her complete it.
Torres is the definition of confident (And sexy. And wild), and he opens up a side of Nell that she’s never known. But as they begin to check off each crazy, exciting, normal item, Nell finds that her frivolous list leads to something more serious than she bargained for. And while Torres is used to taking risks on the field, he has to decide if he’s willing to take the chance when it’s more than just a game.
Together they will have to decide if what they have is just part of the experiment or a chance at something real.
Get Your Copy Today!
And don’t forget to grab your copy of ALL LINED UP and ALL BROKE DOWN Today!
ALL LINED UP, Book 1
ALL BROKE DOWN, Book 2
About Cora Carmack:
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something New York Times bestselling author who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She’s done a multitude of things in her life– boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She now splits her time between Austin, TX and New York City and spends her days writing, traveling, and spending way too much time on the internet. In her books, you can expect to find humor, heart, and a whole lot of awkward. Because let’s face it . . . awkward people need love, too.