My life has been absolutely insane the last month or so. I can’t even tell you everything that has gone on because it’s just so crazy. I am exhausted, but pushing through and just trying to get through the month so that my class starts and I return to work on a normal basis.
In a nutshell, the last month or two has consisted of:
– Getting my California drivers license in 4 weeks. I went from having a month until my permit expired to having three behind the wheel lessons through a local school, driving with various friends and parental figures and testing behind the wheel at the DMV the day my permit expired. I passed and it’s crazy to think that I’m now a licensed driver.
– Booked tickets to Nashville for the fall to see my girlfriend! I cannot WAIT. We’ve booked tickets, a hotel, a rental car and have made a couple tentative plans for things to do. I cannot wait to see her, to hold her and just be NEXT to her again. We’ve also begun to iron out plans for a spring break trip to Florida in March.
– Went through a major reading slump that I’m STILL trying to crawl out of. Summers are usually the time I get to read the most because I’m not being held back by school and work, but I just haven’t had the focus this summer. It’s been extremely frustrating but I am slowly but surely coming out of this.
– Had a close family member be rushed into the ER via ambulance early Saturday morning. She was admitted for the day due to what later turned out to be a bleeding ulcer that caused blood loss via vomiting blood, etc. It was terrifying. I’m STILL terrified. It’s been a rough weekend – she was taken BACK to the ER Monday for IV fluids and ended up staying for a blood transfusion.
The exhaustion has finally caught up to me and I’ve been feeling worn down today and finally crashed for over an hour this afternoon and feel like I can sleep another twelve. We are hanging in there, but it’s been a rough weekend.
– Signed up for a library card! It’s been such a blast being part of my local library and I am thrilled with their YA selection. If they don’t have what I’m looking for, chances are I can request it from another local library to pick up at my library. It is AMAZING. The library is just down the street from me and has been my favorite since childhood. I’m so happy to be back!
What am I reading now? HEIR OF FIRE! I am currently a little over a hundred pages in and drowning already in the feels. I cannot wait to see where this book takes me and I am so thankful for Nikki because she’s letting me borrow her ARC! Thank you! ♥
I am off to get some things done around the house, but I promise I’ll check in soon – I’ve got ideas brewing in my head for reviews and fingers crossed for a book tour that I signed up for. I can’t wait to get back into my routine and share with you stories of my wild life and the books I love so much.