Design by Amber of Shelf Notes
This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA and I am really excited to be a part of this! The chance to interact with other bloggers, make new friends and have fun at the same time is a perfect combination.
Without further hesitation… here is my introduction!
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from? I’m Katie, 29 years old and I’m a book blogger from (HOT) northern California. I have been blogging here at Worn Down Glories since August 2013, but have years of blogging experience before that. I got into blogging because I love being able to keep a place to write about life, my experiences and now being able to add my love of books into this is even more exciting!
2. Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details — Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — so we can connect more online. My tagline says it all when it comes to my approach to this blog: “living life, loving love and reading”. My blog is a mix of whatever adventures I find myself in, posts about my relationship and how we make it work despite being long distance and my love of reading. I wanted to keep it light, fun and to capture my personality. You can find me on: Twitter, Instagram and GoodReads.
3. What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ . I generally read YA the most and you’ll see a lot of it featured here on the blog. Every now and then I’ll pick up a New Adult if I find one that captures my attention or an adult fantasy novel. I love reading because it’s allowed me to explore who I am and how far I’ve come over the years. Reading has also allowed me to confront some very hard situations I faced and has helped me begin to heal from those experiences. I love to come home at the end of the day and curl up with a book and spend hours reading – it’s such a great way to relax!
4. What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year? My favorite book I read last year has to be IF YOU STAY by Courtney Cole. That book hit me like a brick, forced me to confront some very real situations I’d gone through and really set me on the path to healing. I walked around in a daze for awhile after reading it and it quickly became one of my favorites. It has a very special place in my heart. My favorite book this year would be THE SUMMER I WASN’T ME by Jessica Verdi. An emotionally hard book to read because it echoed so much of my own coming out experience, but man! I needed that book in my life and it was a book that truly lifted some burdens off of my shoulders. I laughed, I cried, I was angry.. but this book was powerful and had such an impact on me.
5. What book would you love to see as a movie? Shadow and Bone! Siege and Storm! PLEASE. I love those books to pieces and being able to see them as movies would just… I can’t even explain it. I think I’d die of joy, but then I’d have a lot of feels over Mal and Alina and probably cry. Anyway. I think the Grisha books would turn into amazing movies – not just because of the story, but because of the world building, the characters… just everything. Even just thinking about them as movies makes me flail around.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me. I am really excited to be taking part this year and I can’t wait to get to know some new people, make more blogging connections and of course, add more books to that ever growing pile. 😉